Idaho Spuds Classic Flakes Best in Class Instant Mashed Potatoes
Feed your family CLASSIC goodness
We don’t think there’s any reason why quick and easy shouldn’t be delicious. So when it comes to our best-in-class Classic Flakes, you can expect creamy, easy-to-make spuds the entire family will love.
Always a great value, always smooth and tasty, our Classic Flakes are perfect for smaller batches and are great in potato-friendly recipes like breads and pancakes.
Quick and Easy Preparation Instructions
- HEAT water, margarine and salt to rolling boil in saucepan.
- REMOVE from heat.
- STIR in milk and Classic Flakes with fork until potatoes are desired consistency. DO NOT WHIP. Refrigerate leftovers.
HIGH ALTITUDE (3500-6500 ft) STOVE-TOP PREP: Because liquids may evaporate faster, increase water amount and cooking times if needed.
- COMBINE water, margarine, salt and milk in microwave-safe bowl according to chart below.
- STIR in Classic Flakes just until moistened; cover but allow steam to vent on one side.
- MICROWAVE on HIGH
- REMOVE carefully from microwave—bowl and potatoes will be hot; stir gently, do not whip. Refrigerate leftovers.
MICROWAVE PREP: Increase microwave time by 30 seconds (potatoes will be hot but not bubbly).
Recipe for Classic Flakes
1 Serving = 1/2 Cup
*Microwaving is not recommended for amounts over 6 servings. Because of differences in microwave ovens, cooking times may vary. NR – Not Recommended
||2 to 2 1/2 min.
||1 1/4 cups
||1 1/3 cups
||3 to 3 1/2 min.
||1 3/4 cups
||4 1/2 to 5 min.
||3 1/2 cups
||1 1/4 tsp
||5 3/4 cups
||2 3/4 cups
||2 1/4 tsp